Building Systems Designer
Position Description: The individual selected for this position will have a strong interest in Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Building Design. He or she will join a versatile, energetic team focused on driving innovative BIM solutions through design and process improvement that provide value to our clients through all phases of a project from design through construction/renovation to operations and maintenance. The right candidate will have architectural and MEP design experience, and the leadership and communication skills necessary to motivate people and drive results.
- Ability to work independently and produce results
- Self-motivated with the desire for continuous learning
- Team player comfortable in a highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Revit
- Experience with building energy modeling and energy reduction strategies
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, lighting, power, fire protection systems and the ability to coordinate with architectural and structural building systems
- Creative problem solver with the ability to react to rapidly changing requirements
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or with professional registration or capability to ultimately sit for the PE examination.
- BS in mechanical or electrical engineering and at least 2 to 3 years experience working in Revit MEP
- Experience with Trane Trace 700
- Experience with LEED and Energy Star EPA Portfolio Manager
- Experience with a variety of building analysis techniques throughout all phases of design, construction and facility management and operation
- Experience with other design and building information modeling software tools such as EIS, Bentley, Arhicad
- Experience with life-cycle cost analysis
- Experience with ISO 9001 or 50001
To apply, please submit resumes to Susan Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org
Whole Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Position is located in downtown Charleston, South Carolina.